Monday, December 24, 2007

Books Are Life

You seriously do not want Pope Lizbet to try to list all the books she owns, authors she likes, or any of that jazz. You can check out my LibraryThing and see a none-too-representative cross-section of my library, about 700 volumes short of complete cataloguing; avoid things marked NEVER AGAIN, is my advice. Nonetheless, here are some authors you might like whose sites I actually visit occasionally.

  • M.R. Sellars is the greatest, seriously, as a person as well as an author.
  • Tish Owen is a personal friend and possible saint. Go buy her book.
  • Alexandra Erin is an online author, but we love her for bringing back the fine tradition of the serial novel.
  • Georgia Nicolson is a character, not an author, in the funniest series of YA novels I've read recently; her Secret Confessions are like Bridget Jones back when she was in fourth form. That's why the web site is aimed at a younger audience. But this is a page of stuff I like, and I like YA lit. There, I said it.

No comments: